The NOAA National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP) Weather Prediction Center is looking to hire a Meteorologist. The position is in College Park, MD.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Assist in the training of forecasters in the use of new weather forecast techniques
- Represent the organization on technical committees
- Assist with the transfer of new and emerging scientific technologies and techniques from the research community to the operational weather forecast and warning environment
- Design and implement new scientific and technological efforts to enable WPC forecasters to improve their forecasting skill by means of visualization tools
- Implement changes within a UNIX/linux environment to improve forecast service
- As required, work infrequent operational shifts preparing products assigned to the shift
- Make recommendations on improvements.
The application process is open through June 7, 2016.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at: