The National Weather Service (NWS) has numerous openings for Meteorology Interns and Hydrometeorology Technicians at locations across the United States and its territories. These positions are open from December 15 - 29, 2017, so don't delay.
There are a number of different positions open, but here's an example list of responsibilities for a Meteorologist (Intern):
- Interpret and analyze the effects of surface and upper-air data and other hydro meteorological phenomena to assist with developing weather, water, and climate forecasts and products.
- Observe and record atmospheric conditions to support office operations.
- Operate hydrometeorological observing equipment including radar.
- Operate communications systems to provide assistance with public outreach and weather briefings to a variety of customers.
- Support and participate in office Cooperative Observing and Climate programs.
to browse through the openings and view the details of each. (After browsing to USAJOBS.GOV, use the keywords "Meteorological Intern.")
The NWS has indicated that this announcement will be followed in the next few weeks by a nationwide Journey Forecaster announcement for up to 40 mid-level staff at locations across the country, and another set of Meteorologist Intern announcements in the Spring.