NOAA is searching for a an IT Specialist (Linux/Windows Specialist) to work at the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Central Operations, Infrastructure, and Web Services Branch (IWSB) in Miami, FL.
The Linux/Windows Specialist will:
- Serve as a Linux/Windows system administrator in the Infrastructure and Web Services (IWS) Branch to help produce fast, accurate weather forecast across the Nation and run NOAA’s Web sites.
- Provide support for the Linux/Window systems in supporting continuous, highly critical operations that provide central guidance and forecast products.
- Serve as a technical resource for multiple areas of system administration such as server configuration, virtual configuration, file system configuration, advanced file systems management, security, storage area networks, and hardware architecture.
- Diagnose significant software faults and troubleshoot problems involving issues related to the design, development, capacity management, and administration of critical applications.
- Articulate and communicate to the team lead any assignments, projects, problems that need to be solved as well as make recommendations for the areas of expertise to meet the customer demands.
The application process is open through January 17, 2020.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at the links below. Note that there are two announcements for this position; applicants are allowed to submit applications in both venues.