GEMPAK 6.8.0 is now available from the Unidata download page:
GEMPAK is provided as a source tarball package and as pre-built binaries for 32-bit linux, 64-bit linux, and 32-bit SunOS (x86).
Updates to 6.8.0 include:
- Major fix for GDPVSF, see the latest man page for updated instructions: https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/gempak/manual/programs_index?gdpvsf
- SSF ASCII maps have been removed (previously located in $GEMPAK/maps/ascii/) and are available as a separate download for users who wish to use them.
- Unidata programs have been merged into the $GEMPAK/source/ hierarchy.
- Updated zlib 1.2.0-->1.2.7
- Updated netCDF 4.1.2-->4.2.11
- Updated HDF5 1.8.5-->1.8.10
- Updated tables and maps
Tables for 6.8.0 can be download as a separate package at https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/
As the source code is now maintained on github at https://github.com/Unidata/gempak/, users who wish to develop GEMPAK programs can now fork and branch within git/github to manage their code.
You can clone the full gempak source repo to your machine with
git clone git://github.com/Unidata/gempak.git GEMPAK6.8.0
Comments about this release, support requests and bug fixes should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org