Esri, makers of the popular ArcGIS geographic information system software package, will be hosting a webinar aimed at learning how to transform weather and climate data into actionable information. The webinar will be held on June 20, 2018 from 10:00 - 11:00am Pacific Daylight Time, and is free to attend.
From the webinar announcement:
Terabytes of raw weather-related data is captured daily from satellites and sensors, but accessing it, using it effectively to make critical decisions, and analyzing it for impact can be daunting. Businesses, government agencies and individuals rely on weather data and information products to drive economic growth, to protect lives and property, and to support decision making. Move beyond simply visualizing your data — combine it with other data to analyze the impact to populations, infrastructure, ecosystems, and more. Learn where to find and how to leverage strategic weather and climate data, and how to put it to work for you.
Learn from the experts how to effectively integrate weather information with other data for decision support and weather event monitoring. Meteorologists, scientists, emergency managers and analysts alike will benefit from the shared application examples, content and templates demonstrated during the session, and be better equipped to work with weather climate data.
- Making Weather and Climate Data Work for You – Introduction – Jeff Donze, Esri
- Transforming Information to Impact with Esri's Living Atlas of the World – Dan Pisut, Esri
- Leveraging Weather Data for Disaster Response – Jon Pedder, Esri
- Modern Tools for Working with Weather and Climate Data – Matt Taraldsen, Esri
- Meet the Challenges of a Changing Climate – Introducing the Climate Resilience Toolkit – Jeff Hicks, NEMAC/Fernleaf Collaborative
To register, browse to:
Making Weather & Climate Data Work for You