UPDATE: The abstract submission deadline has been extended to 8 August 2018.
The American Meteorological Society's Board on Environmental Information Processing Technologies (EIPT) wants to let you know that the submission deadline for EIPT papers and posters is 8 August 2018. From the AMS announcement:
The 35th Conference on Environmental Information Processing Technologies (EIPT) is soliciting papers and posters on:
- AWIPS system updates
- Application of autonomous observing platforms to enhance our understanding of the atmosphere and ocean: observations, impacts, indicators, and understanding change
- Cloud computing for environmental data processing and display: promise vs. practice
- Data in, information out: crowdsourcing tools for gathering and distributing climate, weather, marine, and hydrological data
- Data stewardship: finding, accessing, and using data online
- GIS and the four C’s of contextualize, collaborate, convey, and cloud
- Interagency coordination within the federal weather enterprise
- International hazards: what’s the risk?
- Quasi-operational products you can use now: the view from the dry and wet side
- Radar technologies and applications
- Resilience, communication, and decision support for extreme events
- Software engineering and cyberinfrastructure for environmental processing
- Visualization techniques for climatology and meteorology
- Weather and roads: incorporating resiliency to extreme weather events into the surface transportation system
The 99th AMS Annual Meeting will take place in Phoenix, Arizona 6-10 January 2019. For more information about the 35th EIPT conference, including the Call for Papers and information in submitting an abstract, see the 35th Conference on Environmental Information Processing Technologies web site.