The DataONE 2013 Summer Internship program is now open for applications by undergraduate students, graduate students, and postgraduates who have received their masters or doctorate within the past five years. There are nine projects and up to eight will be funded:
- Next Generation Data Environment: Semantically-Enabling the DataONE Metadata Environment
- Ontology Mappings in the Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Evaluation of Ontology Coverage for Curation
- Integrating Data Stories into DataONE Education and Community Engagement Products
- Data Policies for Public Participation in Scientific Research
- Bi-level Metadata Registry Development
- PBase: Provenance as a First-class Citizen in DataONE
- Build Fundamental Components for Provenance-aware Model Exploration, Evaluation, and Benchmarking Cyber-infrastructure Prototype
- A Visualization Tool for Provenance in DataONE
The application deadline is March 17th.
For additional details, descriptions of the DataONE program, and the specific Summer 2013 internships visit: http://www.dataone.org/internships.