The National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) Computational & Information Systems Lab (CISL) in Boulder, Colorado is looking for a person with passion for and experience relevant to scientific data stewardship to become the Center's Data Stewardship Coordinator. The coordinator will work across all NCAR Laboratories to support discovery and curation of digital assets including data, metadata, and software or documentation relevant to NCAR observations, numerical models, and data analysis.
The Data Stewardship Coordinator will:
- support data management plan (DMP) development;
- coordinate asset preservation to meet Open Data requirements
- present tutorials
- write documents
- provide consultation to NCAR staff on best practices for creating metadata and data using community standards, on available repository infrastructure, and on data submission procedures
- build community data management practices
- inform peer organizations about NCAR digital asset achievements and experiences
- serve as a member of the Data Stewardship and Engineering Team (DSET) technical and support staff
For more details or to submit an application, see the official posting.
If you have questions, please contact Steven Worley at CISL.