Unidata is happy to announce the Community Equipment Award recipients for 2018. Six institutions received funding this year:
- Jackson State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- San Jose State University
- Texas Tech University
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
This year special consideration was given to proposals that involve:
- Projects that advance data-proximate analysis of large remote datasets (e.g. GOES-16 satellite data).
- Projects that facilitate the use of machine learning techniques and data analytics.
- Installation of equipment that provides student access to and use of GOES-R series satellite data.
- Installation of equipment for the operational use of ensemble models and the development of those models’ predictions to share with the broader geoscience community.
For additional details on the proposals funded this year, see the 2018 Equipment Awards page.
We received a total of eleven responses to the 2018 RFP and funded six of them, partially or fully.
We invite you to provide suggestions for the focus of future Equipment Award RFPs, and to keep your eyes open for the 2019 announcement. To get an idea of the wide range of recipient institutions and projects, including copies of successful proposals, visit the Equipment Awards page.