Re: Compiling on SGI Octane

Keith,

In the above message, you wrote:

>       Got xgks compiled on the DEC alpha, and am working on the calling
> program that uses xgks.  But with this success, I transported the code to
> the SGI Octane running IRIX64 release 6.5.  The code compiled as n32 bit
> binaries, and I wondered if it could be compiled as 64 bit binaries.  The
> demo worked fine using 32 bit binaries, but my ncar graphics and other
> programs are 64 bit binaries, so I either change them to 32 bit or generate
> a 64 bit version of xgks.
>
>    I tried adding the line
> FFLAGS = "-64 -r10000 -mips4 -g -O0"
> to CUSTOMIZE or directly into the Makefile, but no change resulted in the
> compiled code.
>
> Any more suggestions?

Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Remove the file "config.cache" if it exists.

    4.  Set your environment variables as before.

    5.  Ensure that the following environment variables contain the
        indicated strings:

            Variable    String
            CC          -64
            FC          -64

    6.  Execute the configure script.  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to the file "configure.log".  If an error message
        occurs in the output, then stop and send me the file.

    7.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to the file "make.log".  If an error occurs, then
        stop and send me the files "make.log" and "configure.log".

--------