[NOAAPORT #MJB-944803]: rhel8 noaaport gaps

What version of LDM with the noaaport software are you running?  Just to
confirm, this is the noaaport software that is in the LDM source, and not
acqserver?

On my RHEL/CentOS 8 machine, my /etc/sysctl.d/noaaport.conf looks like this:

net.ipv4.ipfrag_max_dist = 0
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.enp1s0f0.rp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.enp1s0f1.rp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.enp3s0.rp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.enp4s0.rp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.enp5s0.rp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.enp6s0.rp_filter = 0

Replace the enp1s0f* and enp*s0 with your NIC ids:

ifconfig -a | sed 's/[ \t].*//;/^\(lo\|\)$/d'

You don't necessarily have to reboot - you can try:

sysctl --system

See if that helps.

Stonie Cooper,
Software Engineer III
Unidata

>> responding to >>
Hi, have there been any reported issues with increased gaps in the noaaport
logs when moving to rhel8? I've confirmed the ipmax_max_dist = 0 and
rp_filter = 2 kernel parameters, I've upped the rmem buffers in case data
was getting dropped but that hasn't improved anything, so just wondering if
there was any other settings in RHEL8 that might be needed. I still have
the RHEL7 system, and it doesn't report any gaps when running noaaport, so
the DVB feeds themselves seem fine.
Thanks

Ticket ID: MJB-944803
Department: Support NOAAPORT