[NOAAPORT #BGK-918302]: NOAAPort ingest not working

Hi,

re:
> I found the culprit. The data path in the registry was different from the one
> set in the
> pattern-actions file. When we set ldm on the new servers replicated the data
> folder from
> the legacy, however the following happened.
>
> The pqact data path in the  registry was set to /usr/local/ldm/var/data (both
> in legacy
> and new), however, our actual data is set to /data1/data. On the legacy
> /usr/local/ldm/var/data was symbolically linked to /data1/data. On new
> servers the link
> was missing and it created a new /usr/local/ldm/var directory for all the
> missing data
> (gfs, nam etc).

This catches many users.

re:
> It is still interesting to me though, why  we set a data path in
> pqact.gempak if the path in the registery.xml has priority. I will make that
> change and
> keep you posted.

The LDM registry datadir-path defines the current working directory for
actions in pattern-action files.  Relative instead of absolute references
to locations in pattern-action files will, therefore, result in different
locations/files.

In the actions you sent, there were no explicit specifications of where output
files should be written, so the GEMPAK decoders assumed that they were
supposed to be written to ./data/gempak, and this is a relative path.

In older versions of the LDM, there was no LDM registry and the current
working directory for the actions defined in pattern-action files
was assumed to be ~ldm.  The default output directory was, therefore,
~/data/gempak.  Users that wanted to write their output files
to a specific file system typically created a symbolic link like
~ldm/data -> /data1/data so that output files would end up in,
for instance, /data1/data/gempak/... Setting things up like they
used to be can still be done with newer LDMs, but only after redefining
the datadir-path in the LDM registry to be ~ldm which is /usr/local/ldm
in your case.

The other approach for new LDMs is to create a symbolic link
between ~ldm/var/data and the top level of where you want file
written by default. The symbolic link of ~ldm/var/data -> /data1/data
on your legacy system caused the effective default output location to be
/data1/data, so under there you should see a gempak subdirectory

I hope that the above makes sense.  If not, let me know and I will
try to explain further.

Ticket ID: BGK-918302
Department: Support NOAAPORT