[netCDF #JFN-500782]: netcdf-c make check failure

Hello,

It looks like the error is related to a change with how the new compiler is
representing -Infinity, and Infinity; it looks like it is using -inff, inff,
-inf, etc.  This suggests that the failure's you're seeing are a result of the
string comparison in the check, and not the result of an error in the software
itself.  It is probably safe to ignore.  We will take a look at seeing how we
might best accommodate this; I have to assume it reflects a change in the C
spec (it would be weird for Intel to provide a representation that was not part
of the spec), but I am uncertain without doing some research.

I would suggest you can simply ignore these string comparison-related issues
for the time being.

Thanks!

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to compile netcdf-c (version 4.9.2) using the new Intel Oneapi
> compiler icx.
>
> The architecture is AMD EPYC 9654 96-Core Processor.
>
> It compiles, but fails with make check. It compiles and checks when using gcc
> or an older Intel icc suggesting it's not the HDF5 version (1.14.3).
>
> Attached are output logs from configure, make, and make check plus the test
> suite log file.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> John Snook

Ticket ID: JFN-500782
Department: Support netCDF
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.