[netCDF #NPZ-174585]: Problems with netcdf fortran

Hello,

I'm not certain that you need to have the exact same compiler version to link
against netcdf.mod; rather, I believe that if your program is failing to
find/link against netcdf.mod, a compiler mismatch may be one of several
explanations.

Do you happen to have the `config.log` file generated when you run 'configure'?
 That will contain additional information we can try to use to diagnose the
issue.

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> I installed netcdf-fortran==4.6.1 with conda and I tried to use it to read a
> file just to make sure everything was ok, but I seem to have a problem when
> compling my code. What I read is that we have to compile the program and link
> it to the 'netcdf.mod'. It tried to do this, but the 'netcdf.mod' file can't
> be found. I found a website explaining that this comes from the fact that
> 'netcdf.mod' and my code have to be compiled using the exact same version of
> the compiler. I checked and the compiler I'm trying to use is indeed
> different from the one used to compile netcdf.mod . How should I solve this
> problem?
> I suppose I could:
>
> *   Recompile all existing files with the compiler I'm trying to use...
> however, I haven't been able to find the source codes
> *   A better thing to do would be to use the same compiler that was already
> used, but I don't know how to get it?
> I thought using conda took into account all compatibility issues....
>
> Maybe you have a yml file that we could use to install the right versions of
> all the needed libraries  to create a correct environment using conda? That
> would be so helpful!!!
>
> Also, it would be great to have a detailed document, from installation (I'm
> not the only one having trouble with that) to some simple codes to illustrate
> the use of netcdf fortran.
>
> I hope you can help me.
> Thank you for everything.
> Have a nice day,
> Citlali Cabrera
>

> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
> is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to
> whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not
> authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this
> message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please
> notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Ticket ID: NPZ-174585
Department: Support netCDF