[netCDF #XZU-441380]: Compiling and runing sample netCDF programs using fortran compiler in cygwin

> Full Name: Jahanzeb Malik
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System: Windows Vista Enterprice (32 bit)
> Hardware: Intel Core 2 duo T9400
> Description of problem: Dear Unidata,
> I am very new to netcdf and cygwin. I will be very grateful to you if you
> please guide me on how can I use netcdf in my programs.
> I am using windows vista. I have cygwin installed on it. I am planning to use
> fortran compiler in cygwin to run my codes. Please let me know the followings:
>
> Which weblink can I use to download suitable binaries/dlls of netcdf for my
> vista and cygwin?
>
> Where I need to copy these downloaded files on my system?
>
> And then how can i run the available sample program on the website of unidata
> on my system?
>
> I will be very grateful to you for your help in this regards.
>
> Best regards
> malik

Sorry, we don't distribute Cygwin binaries. (Have you checked the Cygwin
repository? And if netCDF's not there, you could request it.)

The netCDF source code builds quite cleanly under Cygwin, so why not give it a
try? I suggest you use the daily snapshot release, until the upcoming version
4.1 release.

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

Build it in accordance with the instructions here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions.html

Let us know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: XZU-441380
Department: Support netCDF