[netCDF #CRX-621739]: netcdf 4.0.1 build with PGI 2010 (64 bit on a Mac)

> Hi All
>
> You have on your webpage a “bleg” on reporting success with PGI compilers
> with netcdf.
>
> The new PGI came out and I just built 4.0.1 with little backtalk on a Mac
> running Snow Leopard with their 64-bit kernel  and 64-bit PGI “2010”
> compiler.  For the C++ and F90 tests, it (finally) worked but you have to
> edit some of the make scripts to remove the “-bind_at_load” in the ltmain.sh
> file before you ‘configure’.

> Bill Capehart <address@hidden>   Associate Professor
> Institute of Atmospheric Sciences         Land Surface Processes
> 213 Mineral Industries Building                 Hydrometeorology
> South Dakota School of Mines and Technology Ph:  +1-605-394-1994
> 501 East Saint Joseph Street                Fax: +1-605-394-6061
> Rapid City, SD 57701-3995                Mobile: +1-605-484-5692
> =================== http://capehart.sdsmt.edu ==================

Howdy Bill!

What would be ideal is if we knew what options to set in LDFLAGS and/or
CFLAGS/FCFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/CPPFLAGS to get this working without modification of
any makefiles, because we can't just tell our users to start hacking the
makefiles - it would get too crazy.

Do you think that what you did could be achieved with setting the proper flags,
and, if so, do you know what those settings would be? All other mac users who
use netCDF would benefit from the answer to this question.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: CRX-621739
Department: Support netCDF