[netCDF #RUF-772159]: group name as const char* in nc_def_grp

> Yes, you are right.
>
> BTW, do you have any idea why netCDF 4.1 can generate an invalid HDF 5
> file sometimes? I have encountered this problem in my code, but I
> cannot reproduce it using simpler codes. So I didn't formerly report
> the bug. (My code checks the return status in every netCDF call, and
> there is no complain from netCDF at all.) In the end, I get around the
> problem by changing the order of defining variables. I know it is
> irrelevant to this bug. Sorry about that.
>
> -Huaiyu

This is disturbing to me. As Russ says, the only way to get an invalid HDF5
file is to fail to close the file. That will cause the buffers to be lost and
the HDF5 file will be left in an inconsistent state.

But, absent that, an invalid HDF5 file would be a serious HDF5 or netCDF-4 bug
(or, most likely, a bug in both, since there is supposed to be no way to
produce an invalid file in HDF5.)

Can you change the order of your variable definition back to what it was and
see if it still produces an invalid file?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: RUF-772159
Department: Support netCDF