[netCDF #RUF-772159]: group name as const char* in nc_def_grp

Hi Huaiyu,

> It is to my surprise that, in NetCDF 4, the group name in function
> nc_def_grp() of the C interface is defined as char* instead of const
> char*. Will it be changed during the function call?

No, the call does not change the name string.

It is a mistake in the interface that this is not declared to be of type
"const char*" instead of "char *".  Thank you for making us aware of this
bug.

Checking the other library interfaces, it appears that there are ten
other functions that have the same problem, with arguments declared
"char *" that should actually be "const char *".  I will try to make
sure these bugs are fixed before the 4.1 release.

This was an important bug, so thanks again for reporting it!

--Russ

Ticket ID: RUF-772159
Department: Support netCDF