[netCDF #CHO-303782]: Question : INVALID ARGUMENT and erratic behaviour while reading ...

Alexis,

> The problem seems to appear nevertheless as well when running only
> one prg at a time.
> Would it be by any chance a possibility that antivirus might create
> this kind of reading problem from netcdf files ? Have ever heard
> about such Incompatibility ?

It seems unlikely that an antivirus program would cause occasional
errors when multiple concurrent programs are reading netCDF files at
the same time, or when one program is reading netCDF data.  We have
not heard a report of this kind of problem before.  It could possibly
be the result of problems in the file system, especially if you have
noticed other I/O problems on your PC.  If we could reproduce the
problem here, for example with a simple program that when run multiple
times concurrently, opening and reading data from a small set of
netCDF files, occasionally reported invalid argument errors which went
away when the read was repeated after a short delay, we might be able
to diagnose the problem.

Do you see the same behavior running your programs on a different PC with
a different file system?  Is it possible to compile and run your programs
on a different operating system to see if the problem still occurs?  If so,
we would be interested in seeing if we could reproduce the problem here,
but otherwise, I don't know how we can help diagnose this problem.

--Russ

Ticket ID: CHO-303782
Department: Support netCDF