[netCDF #KKJ-168057]: Intel macbook pro with Snow Leopard

Hi Roy,

> Worked for me on the above setup, except if I want to use Fortran it
> is a little more complicated.  There are incompatibilities between
> some versions of  fortran and the out of the box  (Xcode) gcc.  To get
> everything to work I had to use the latest compilers form Fink, and
> map that in my environment.  I beleve the out of the box gcc works if
> you disable Fortran, but haven't tested it.  Udunits also worked - it
> has failed previously.  If you are wonder, here was my config:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/netcdf4Static/local --with-szlib=/netcdf4Static/
> local --with-zlib=/netcdf4Static/local --with-hdf5=/netcdf4Static/
> local    --enable-dap  --enable-dap-remote-tests --enable-netcdf-4  --
> enable-ncgen4 --with-libcf  --enable-udunits
>
> BTW - I havent tried in, but my previous efforts to build this with
> dynamic libraries have failed.  I recompiled everything from scratch,
> including zlib and slib putting in the argument for pic format, but it
> still failed.  May not have time to test that again for a few days.
> Perhaps there need to be more detailed instructions on how to compile
> all the libraries, not just the netcdf libs, in order to  build
> dynamic libraries.  They are needed for example for Jeff Whitaker's
> python interface.

Could you identify for which version of the netCDF source this worked,
for example was it 4.0.1, 4.1-beta2, or a snapshot release?  Also do you
know what version of Fortran compiler you used, for example was it
gfortran 4.5.0?

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: KKJ-168057