[netCDF #XMZ-796061]: Missing example in the NetCDF tutorial for C++

> Hello,
>
> I was currently reading through the netCDF tutorial on the unidata website
>
> ( http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_beta/netcdf-tutorial.htm )
>
> and noticed that the example named "2.3.4.2 pres_temp_4D_rd.cpp"  is not
> available. After the title the previous example "2.3.4.1
> pres_temp_4D_wr.cpp"  is repeated. The link to the exact example is this:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_beta/netcdf-tutorial.html#pres_005ftemp_005f4D_005frd_002ecpp
>
> Take a look at that example and the previous one and you'll notice that they
> are both the same. Could you please point me to the real example, or change
> it on your site, since I am using netCDF for C++ and need it. Thanks for
> your time effort. You can write me back at this same email:
> address@hidden.
>

> Michael Santiago
> Research Meteorologist
> Pacific Wildland Fire Sciences Laboratory
> 400 N 34th St., Suite 201
> Seattle, WA  98103
> phone: (206) 732-7828
> fax: (206) 732-7801

Howdy Michael!

Thanks for pointing this out. I have fixed it and the new version will be
available tomorrow here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_snapshot

The example programs are also supplied in the examples/CXX directory. If you
run "make check" in that directory, the example programs will be built (if
needed) and run. So you can even step through them in a debugger, and enjoy the
full netCDF experience! ;-)

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: XMZ-796061