[netCDF #ESV-695577]: Problem closing a netcdf file

> Hi! I have a problem with a netcdf file. I'm working with matlab version
> 2008a and Netcdf 4.0.1.
> I'm trying to build a grid for a determinate domain. but when I try to store
> the topography
>
> % store raw topography
> h(h>0) = 0;
> h = abs(h); % need to be positive for ROMS convention.
> nc=netcdf(grdfile,'w');
> nc{'h'}(:,:)=h';
> nc{'hraw'}(1,:,:)=h';
> close(nc);
>
> I find the next error message:

Sorry, but I don't speak matlab. And I was not aware that matlab supports
netCDF 4.0 yet - does it?

Getting an error on close often means that you have defined variables that are
too large for the default netCDF storage format, netCDF classic. Are you sure
that the variable you are defining is of the size that you expect? If it is
over 2GB in size, you must use another netCDF format to store the data, and I
don't know how this would be done in matlab (but it would be done when the file
is first created).

I hope this helps...

Thanks,

Ed