[Support #MIS-596713]: netcdf on Dec Alpha for running WRF

> Full Name: chunhua zhou
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System: OSF 1
> Hardware: DecAlpha
> Description of problem: Hi,
> I was trying to run WRF on this Dec Alpha (OSF 1), which requires netcdf
> compiled using the same fortran compiler as for WRF. I am having a lot of
> errors while compiling WRF. I am assuming it is caused by the incorrect
> configuratiuon of netcdf. I searched the netcdf documentations and it says it
> is built out of the box on OSF 1. I don't know what exactly it  means and how
> to locate the netcdf or how to compile and install it. Could you please help
> me fix it? Thank you very much !!!!!!
> Best,
> Kelly

Get the netCDF distribution here:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

Build it in accordance with instructions here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions.html

Please let us know if you need more help. As you note, you must build it with
the same fortran compiler you intend to use for WRF.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: MIS-596713
Department: Support netCDF