[netCDF #OLW-364027]: [netcdfgroup] nf90_put_var treatment of scalar strings

Hi Brian,

I've moved this from the netcdfgroup mailing list to our support mailing
list until it gets fixed, then I'll respond to your netcdfgroup posting
so everyone who's interested will know the resolution.

I'm pretty sure what you reported is just a bug, although if so it has
been in the Fortran 90 code since 1999, when we first added it as an
experimental API.  Also, I think the fix for the bug is to just change
the line

     localCount (1)  = len_trim(values); localCount (2:) = 1
     localCount (1)  = len(values); localCount (2:) = 1

but I have to test this, especially since we don't have a comprehensive
set of tests for the f90 API.

If you can verify that the above fix solves your problem, that will
give me some confidence to check in the fix with my new tests for
handling text data in the F90 API.

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: OLW-364027