[netCDF #BMP-971517]: Downloads for PC's

> I am new to NetCDF.  We want to download data files that are in NetCDF
> format, but we want to download and perform our analyses of the data on PC's
> running XP.  On your web site, you mention we can download pre-compiled
> binaries.  The site with the downloads has a number of files.  Could you
> provide me with the information as to which files I will need in order to
> work on our PC's?
>
> Thanks.
>

> James Lewis
>

> Dr. James Lewis
> Senior Scientist, Oceanography
> Scientific Solutions, Inc.
> Kalaheo, HI  96741
> www.hawaii-ocean.com

Howdy James!

How do you plan to do your analysis? If you are using a package like IDL or
MatLAB, netCDF files can be read.

If you need to write your own programs in C or fortran, you need to get the
netCDF C/Fortran library. If you prefer Java, you need to get the netCDF-Java
library instead.

It's possible to use netCDF without doing any programming, both from the
command line (with tools like NCO, the NetCDF Command Operators) and with free
or commercial visualization packages.

The is a list of software that can handle netCDF files on our web page:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html

Please let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: BMP-971517
Department: Support netCDF