[netCDF #QOY-981281]: Chunking coordinate dimensions?

> Hi Ed,
>
> Can the chunking of one variable affect the chunking of another?
> I am having trouble manipulating chunking for a record coordinate:
> Say a variable "foo" includes a coordinate dimension named "bar".
> If "foo" is storage type NC_CHUNKED, must "bar" be? Must Barbie?
> i.e., Must both coordinate and variable be NC_CHUNKED or NC_CONTIGUOUS?
> Does it matter if the coordinate is a record dimension?
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie
> --
> Charlie Zender, Department of Earth System Science
> University of California, Irvine (949) 824-2987 :)

Howdy Charlie!

No, the chunksizes of different variables have nothing to do with each other,
nor does storage type.

All that is completely transparent to me when reading and writing the data
anyway...

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks,

Ed