[netCDF #IWZ-787287]: Compiling NetCDF-4 with PGI 32bit mode

Hi Robert,

> I am trying to compile netcdf using PGI on a 64 bit system but in 32 bit mode
> since we do not have a 64 bit version of PGI.
>
> I have compile netcdf with gfortran both 32 & 64 bit version with no problem.
>
> I am attaching the Log files since I have no idea what the error means.

The config.status file you attached is not useful for diagnosing errors that
occurred when running the configure script.  For that, we need the output from
running configure, which can be captured in a "configure.log" file as follows
(but be sure to run "make distclean" first):

 ./configure [arguments to configure script ...]  2>&1 > configure.log

(if you use bash, sh, or ksh command shells) or

 ./configure [arguments to configure script ...] >& configure.log

(if you use csh or tcsh).

It would also be helpful to see the "config.log" file the configure script
generates, because the make output you sent indicates there is something
wrong with your setup for building Fortran programs.  Something is preventing
the Fortran compiler from generating working programs; the output in
config.log should show what is going wrong.

--Russ

Ticket ID: IWZ-787287
Department: Support netCDF