[netCDF #AJI-287433]: support for Mac OS X

John,

> OK. I think this has helped a lot. Why is this not on the UNIDATA web
> page? It would seem to be VERY helpful. Currently on compiling WRF I'm
> getting the following errors. Do these look Netcdf related to you?
> They don't to me. Perhaps they are related to the multi-processor
> aspect of the compilation - even though I've specified serial
> processing???..

One of the problems with finding that there is support for the MacOS X
platform for netCDF is that we use the name "Darwin" for the OS, which
is no familiar to most MacOS X users, but's it's the official name of
the operating system returned by the "uname -a" command, so that's what
we used.

The errors you are getting don't look like they are netCDF related.
Here's a blog entry from someone who has succeeded in building WRF
on a Mac, so it may help to read some of his recent posts to see how
he did it:

  http://macwrf.blogspot.com/2008/04/playing-with-wrf3-wrfv300-wpsv300-part.html

There are also some Mac-related postings in the WRF forums under
installation:

  http://forum.wrfforum.com/viewforum.php?f=5

I hope this helps ...

--Russ