[netCDF #BAW-622715]: INSTALLATION HELP

Hi,

It looks like you first tried to build netCDF-3.6.0p1 using a PGI compiler,
then later tied to use netCDF 3.6.2 and an Intel compiler.

There is a web page from the Portland Group that explains how to use the
PGI compiler to build netCDF 3.6.2:

  http://www.pgroup.com/resources/netcdf/netcdf362_pgi71.htm

and a web page from Intel that explains how to build netCDF 3.6.2 with Intel
compilers:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-building-netcdf-with-the-intel-compilers/

If you are having trouble with these directions because you have an older
version
of the compilers, for example, then it may be easier to just get the latest
version of netCDF (4.0.1) from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.0.1.tar.gz

and follow the instructions for building it without using the --enable-netcdf-4
argument to configure, which will result in just the latest netCDF-3 software.

I see you are also using MPICH for a parallel file system.  If you need the
parallel
I/O capability of netCDF-4, then you will have to build with --enable-netcdf-4,
because our software requires netCDF-4 files for parallel I/O.  If you want to
use
parallel I/O with netCDF-3 files, then you should instead get the parallel
netCDF
package from

  http://cucis.ece.northwestern.edu/projects/PNETCDF/

which provides a version of netCDF that works for netCDF-3.

I hope this helps ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: BAW-622715
Department: Support netCDF