[netCDF #QBV-178230]: netcdf.h file

> Hi there,
>
> Is there any news regarding this issue?
> Many thanks. Gabriella
>
> 2009/2/12 Gabriella Scarpino <address@hidden>
>
> > Dear Ed,
> >
> > Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two packages at the link you
> > gave me:
> >
> > 1) win32_vs_ifort_dll_4.0.1-beta3.zip
> > 2) win32_vs_dll_4.0.1-beta3.zip
> >
> > Both give me problems when linking - see below
> > ******************************************************************
> > Linking...
> > foo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _nc_close
> > foo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _nc_put_var_short
> > foo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _nc_enddef
> > foo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _nc_def_var
> > foo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _nc_def_dim
> > foo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _check_err
> > foo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _nc_create
> > Debug/foo.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
> > Error executing link.exe.
> >
> > foo.exe - 8 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> > Where are the definitions of the missing symbols?

Are you sure you are setting the properties correctly for your project? You
must include the netCDF dll and the directory of it's include file in the
properties, and also define the macro DLL_NETCDF before including netcdf.h.

For more info, and the latest releases, see the windows faq:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: QBV-178230