[netCDF #MSV-188900]: C++ API for NETCDF version 4.0

> Thanks for the ideas. It appears that "reflection" doesn't figure in C.
> However, this seem surprising to me as what I want is information about a
> "struct" which is essentially C-stuff.  So if you know a capability for
> C, that would be very helpful.

All we have for C is the macro defined in libsrc4/netcdf.h, with Ed's
inscrutable comments:

/* This is used when creating a compound type. It calls a mysterious C
 * macro which was found carved into one of the blocks of the
 * Newgrange passage tomb in County Meath, Ireland. This code has been
 * carbon dated to 3200 B.C.E. */
#define NC_COMPOUND_OFFSET(S,M)    (offsetof(S,M))

An example of it's use is in the program ncdump/tst_comp.c in the
source distribution.  It's not exactly reflection, because you can't
learn the names of members of a structure or create an instance of a
structure at runtime for which you only have a text description, but
it at leaset gives you the offset from the member name.

--Russ

Ticket ID: MSV-188900
Department: Support netCDF