[netCDF #JLS-704865]: Porting NETCDF 4.0 on OpenBSD 4.5 amd64

Hi Benoit,

I have attached what I think is a a completely standard little C
program that I'd like you to compile and run on your OpenBSD system,
to determine whether the problem you have encountered is an OpenBSD
bug.  I've compiled and run this on three different platforms with
different C compilers (including gcc 4.3.0 with -Wall and --pedantic
options) and gotten the same result.

Please compile this program using the same compiler and CFLAGS you are
using for building netCDF.  For example, it may be something like

  $ gcc -g bug.c -o bug

Then run the resulting program and capture the output in a file, for
example:

  $ ./bug > bug.out

Run the result through the "od" program to get a hexadecimal dump of
the output:

  $ od -x bug.out > bug.od

Send me the resulting bug.od file, which is just ASCII, so you can
just paste it into the email message or attach it.

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: JLS-704865
Department: Support netCDF
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    char teststring[] = "Ä?㼿yô??ª";
    int len;
    printf("length of teststring: %d\n", (int)strlen(teststring));
    len = printf("%s", teststring);
    printf("\n");
    return 0;
}