[netCDF #MAJ-811866]: scientific

Hi Batool,

> hello,I can not open the files with format of .nc.
> wether I should use from special software. please lead me.

To read data from netCDF files, you need to either get software
that uses the netCDF libraries or write a program that calls
netCDF library functions to read the data.

There are many programs available that can read netCDF data, including
both freely available and commercial software:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html

If you are a developer, you can download, build, and install netCDF
libraries to link with in your software.  NetCDF programming
libraries are available for C-based software, including Fortran, Perl,
Python, Ruby, and C++ interfaces built on top of the C library.  A Java
netCDF library is also freely available for use in software development.
All of these can be accessed from the netCDF homepage:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/

Example programs in all of the supported programming languages for reading
and writing netCDF files are available here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/

Finally there are also simple data translation services on the web that
can show you a text form of data in a netCDF .nc file.  For example, you
can use this service to get a local netCDF file translated into text so
you can see what the data is:

  http://translators.gsfc.nasa.gov/home.jsp

There are other web services for visualizing netCDF files over maps or
on a globe, if the file contains the right metadata for referencing its
earth location ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: MAJ-811866
Department: Support netCDF