[netCDF #WYI-343499]: binary to netcdf for 4-d variables

Hi Prabhakar,

> I have been using this code to convert binary files into netcdf format.
> The code works well while using 3 dimensional variables. But, when I
> add one more dimension, the code compiles but it fails to run.
>
> Could you please kindly help where I am making a mistake.

When you say the code "fails to run", what is the symptom you see of the
code not running?  Is there an error message produced by the first call to
nf_put_vara_real, and if so, what does it say?

I can't see anything obvious wrong with the code, but I can't run it here to
reproduce the problem, because it calls functions and uses data we don't
have.

It might be helpful to check the status of each call to nf_put_vara_real
rather than making a bunch of calls to that function and just checking the
status of the last call.  The way the code is written, the first few function
calls
could fail but if the last one succeeded, you would not be informed of the
problem.  It might also be helpful to send the output of "ncdump -c create.nc"
after running the program, just to make sure everything was created as you
intended ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: WYI-343499
Department: Support netCDF