[netCDF #ICD-747272]: Make Test Fail on Solaris

Hi Aric,

> PASSED ALL TESTS with a reconfigure.
>
> THANKS FOR MAKING SOMETHING THAT BUILDS SO EASILY ON SOLARIS. That is
> rarely found.

You're welcome, but I have a question about how you got around the problem with
a reconfigure.
Did you just eliminate using CFLAGS=-m64?  In your original problem report, you
had the same
ncdump failure we had noted here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/known_problems.html#suncc-m64-ncdump

as a bug in a Solaris C compiler, and the only way we found to get around the
problem was to
use CFLAGS="-m64 -O0" to manually compile the ncdump/dumplib.c function, then a
"make
check" completes without error.  It's also fine to eliminate -m64, but I was
just wondering if the
original optimzation error had been fixed.

If you don't know or it's not convenient to determine how the problem got
fixed, feel free to
ignore this ...

--Russ

> Subject: Make Test Fail on Solaris
>

> Please see enclosed file for details. Thanks.

Ticket ID: ICD-747272
Department: Support netCDF