[netCDF #EDP-282307]: installation of netcdf4 not working?

> I changed the 'configure.wrf' file so that:
>
> LIB_EXTERNAL    = \
>
> $(WRF_SRC_ROOT_DIR)/external/io_netcdf/libwrfio_nf.a
> -L/usr/local/test/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdff -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz
>
> LIB             =    $(LIB_BUNDLED) $(LIB_EXTERNAL) $(LIB_LOCAL)
>

> and then ran ./compile, and it went through successfully this time (i.e.
> not coming up with the 'undefined reference' errors reported previously).
> However, when I try to then run the .exe file created by the compile
> process, it immediately reports:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.5: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> Which suggests it's still not linking quite right?
>
> Thanks for you help!
> Rich

Howdy Rich!

We are definitely getting closer. Try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable to point to the directory where HDF5 is installed on your machine. You
don't have to rebuild anything, just set it and try and rerun your app.

You should report your problem to the WRF team, as it seems they need to update
their config file.

Please let me know if this doesn't work.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: EDP-282307
Department: Support netCDF