[netCDF #YEI-331115]: make_check failure with netcdf-3.6.3 build on

Hi Carter,

As reported here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/known_problems.html#PG_shared

this is currently a problem for which we are seeking a solution. For now,
we can't recommend anything other than making a static library instead of
a shared library.  If you find a better solution, please let us know.  One
possibility would be to submit a support question to the Portland Group at

  https://www.pgroup.com/support/support_request.php

--Russ

Ticket ID: YEI-331115
Department: Support netCDF