[netCDF #NNL-656958]: [netcdfgroup] Using NetCDF under Visual Studio

> I grabbed the pre-compiled win32 binaries of the daily snapshot (Sep
> 29, 2008). I tried using them in a project and it seems to run fine
> until I try to use either nc_inq_dimids() or nc_inq_varids(). The I
> get runtime errors suggesting a missing library.
>
> My question is: did you successfully call these functions in test
> programs under VS2008? They were absent (and not needed) in version
> 3.6.x, so maybe they did not make it to test programs yet?
> Another question: do I need hdf5 and other third-party libs whenever
> using NetCDF in my programs, or only when compiling NetCDF itself?
>
> My client program in in a managed environment (.Net), calling the
> NetCDF code via C++ Interop - maybe that is the source of problems.
> However, I thought I'd check with you first, why these two functions
> should be different from other (3.6.x - supported) function.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Maciej.

Howdy Maciej!

I just posted the latest build of the 4.0 DLLs. Can you take a look here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4

Please let me know if those functions still don't work.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: NNL-656958
Department: Support netCDF