[netCDF #YSI-369373]: Problems with 2D-Coords with netCDF4

> Hello Ed,
>

> i just tested the new snapshot now - with nearly the same result as
> before: I agree with you that the result in the netCDF-file is correct
> now. Unfortunately i get an HDF-error if i use nc_close...

Hmmm. I run your test program netcdf4bug.c with the latest snapshot and it
seems to work just fine. I can open the file and look at it, and everything
looks OK. When run with version 4 I get a HDF5 file, and it matches the output
of ncdump for the output when run with netcdf-3 (i.e. NETCDF4 not defined).

> I append my binaries to this e-mail also, so you can check this
> behavior.

Don't bother sending binraries - my sysadmin would not be happy if I ran them,
and they really don't help me figure anything out anyway. ;-)

> Additionally the "make check" fails: I made two checks - one with
> "large-file-check", one without. I think with large file "my" check
> fails? Please, have a look to the attached log files.
>
> Now I'm looking to the code itself. Yes, it's "my" check that fails. ;-)

OK, this seems to be failing for you in both the large and non-large file
tests. Weird. You code runs for me...

So, try this: get the beta3 release:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.0.1-beta3.tar.gz

Configure like this:
./configure --enable-logging --enable-netcdf-4 --disable-f77 --disable-cxx
--with-hdf5=/opt/netCDF4 --with-szlib=/opt/netCDF4
make check &> make_output.txt

If your test (in libsrc4/tst_vars2.c) still fails, insert the following line:

nc_set_log_level(5);

Insert this in your test case, above the first nc_open. This will produce some
log output telling us what is going on.

(At the end of your test case you can insert:
nc_set_log_level(0);

to turn of logging. But make sure you don't do this until your test case is
complete.)

Then rebuild and rerun the test (in the libsrc4 directory):
make tst_vars2
./tst_vars2

Send me that output, plus your config.log for that build, and the complete
output of your first make check with the beta3 build.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: YSI-369373
Department: Support netCDF