[netCDF #YSI-369373]: Problems with 2D-Coords with netCDF4

Howdy Christian!

I cannot reproduce your error with the netcdf-4 snapshot.

When I run the code you sent, it runs without error, and produces a file like
this:
netcdf tst_dims2 {
dimensions:
        time = UNLIMITED ; // (1 currently)
        tl = 15 ;
variables:
        char time(time, tl) ;
data:

 time =
  "20051224.150000" ;
}

(I have changed the file name to tst_dims2. In fact, your code is now one of
the tests in libsrc4/tst_dims2.c, so you can see for yourself.)

So can you try the snapshot to see if you can cause this problem to reoccur?
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

I see your other problem was in the ncgen4 directory. The ncgen4 utility is
still a little experimental, so let's get netcdf-4 working for you without that
first. Once we have this 2D coordinate problem wrapped up, try enable-ncgen4
again on this snapshot (there have been some changes to ncgen4 since the last
one your tried anyway.)

If the ncgen4 problem reoccurs, send the complete output of configure and make
check, as well as config.log.

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks!