[netCDF #THR-976469]: netcdf4: make check - Unexpected result,

> Hi Ed,
>
> sorry for the delayed answer, I was out of office for a few days.

Howdy Notker!

Sorry for *my* delayed answer! Things got a little crazy, with some travel (and
more to come!)

I have reread your very interesting problem report. And I am puzzled.

You say that you ran "make check" on HDF5? Are you really sure about that?

What I see is that all the problems have to do with floats. Now here is a dirty
little secret about netCDF test code: we frequently do exact comparisons of
floats. But this should work, with IEEE floating point, I believe.

Could you run the tst_atts program, and then do an ncdump of the resulting data
file, tst_atts.nc? Send me the output of ncdump.

Thanks,

Ed

Let

Ticket ID: THR-976469