[netCDF #SUQ-462223]: Large NetCDF files under IDL windows

> Hello !
>
> We are working with NetCDF data on IDL (version 6.4) and encountered a
> problem with large files (around 10Gb).
>
> When we read these files under linux, everything works well. Under
> Windows XP however, IDL gives an error:
>
> NCDF_VARGET: Operation Failed, bad file (3) or variable (27) id ?
> (NC_ERROR=-31).
>
> We found out that this error occurs because a 32-bit windows can not
> open these large files.
>
> However we also heard that netcdf version 3.6.1 should solve this
> problem.
>
> But we could not find any dll for IDL for this new NetCDF version.
>
> The Windows dll under
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/binaries.html does not work
>
> with IDL.

What error do you get when you try that DLL?

Do you know if IDL is trying to use C functions or Fortran functions?

If it is C functions, as I suspect, any of the DLLs should work for you. The
only differences in the DLLs are the ways in which fortran is handled.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: SUQ-462223
Department: Support netCDF