[netCDF #GPS-461433]: netcdf-4: libsrc/v2i.c needs nc.h

> Hi Ed,
>
> > When I made this change it caused tests to fail on many platforms.
Therefore I have backed out that change for now. I hope to try it again before
the upcoming 4.0.1 release.

> > I've reopened the support issue so that I don't lose track of this.
>
> have you found out what's going on here?
>
> I tested this 1-line change on Linux (32 & 64 Bit), AIX (32 & 64 Bit),
> and on NEC where it is required, and had no troubles.
> Maybe some interaction with something else?
>
> Cheers,
> Harald

Are you building with --enable-netcdf-4? I assume not, because that is where
the problem is. When nc.h is included, the netcdf-4 layer no longer works with
the v2 api, and that's no good.

This is a little complicated because of the way the v2/v3/v4 APIs are handled,
but basically the rename.h file included in nc.h will rename all functions nc_*
to nc3_*, and only call the v3 API version of those functions, instead of the
v4.

Since v2 API users also need access to V4 features, making the change you
suggest is no good.

Can you send me the configure and build commands you are using for the
cross-compile? Perhaps I can try it here and reproduce your original problem,
and see if there is a good way around it. I'm sure there must be a mistake
somewhere else, because I don't get these build errors.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: GPS-461433
Department: Support netCDF