[netCDF #OYQ-545004]: build problem netcdf-4.0-snapshot2008090210

> > I think I see the problem:
> > checking FFLAGS... -fno-second-underscore
> >
> > By setting this FFLAGS, you are confusing the configure as to how to handle
fortran. The configure knows how to handle g95, but not with this option.

> I have always built the F90 netCDF code (with no second  underscore)
>
> > Do you need this for some other reason?
>
> Yes, but it's long, messy, and somewhat subjective
> so I'll spare you the details.
>
> > If not, try again with FFLAGS set to nothing.
>
> Maybe.
>
> > If so, I think setting either -DpgiFortran or -Df2cFortran in the CPPFLAGS
will make it work (as I believe I have done that before, but it was a long time
ago.)

> OK, I think you're right.
> I used to build with -DpgiFortran and no second underscore,
> but for some reason I stopped the -DpgiFortran.
> I'll try that first.
>
> > Please let me know of this doesn't work.
>
> OK
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie
> --
> Charlie Zender, Department of Earth System Science
> University of California, Irvine (949) 824-2987 :)

Howdy Charlie!

What's the word on building the netCDF snapshot? Does it work again for you?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: OYQ-545004
Department: Support netCDF