[netCDF #JCG-945642]: Help with netCDF 4 on Linux using Intel Fortran

> Hello,
>
> I have been attempting to set up  netcdf 4.0 on a linux pc with intel
> fortran and c compilers and bash.  The pc has been recently purchased
> and so would still have many of the factory settings. The linux
> distribution the computer came with is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
> I have downloaded and unpacked netcdf, zlib-1.2.3 and hdf5-1.8.1. zlib
> seems to install ok when i type "./configure
> --prefix=/home/harveyan/local" and "make check install". I then attempt
> the same with hdf: "./configure --with-zlib=/home/harveyan/local
> --prefix=/home/harveyan/local --disable-shared" and "make check install"
> but something goes wrong... I've attached outputs from the configure and
> make steps, hopefully this will help??
>
> I'm very new to this so was wondering if there are any obvious causes of
> this problem that i would have overlooked?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Andrew Harvey

Howdy Andrew!

I see that HDF5 is not building for you. You must get HDF5 to build before
netCDF-4.0 will work, as I presume you know.

You're build problems are occurring during the HDF5 build. I am forwarding this
mail to the HDF5 support group (address@hidden), who can help you get HDF5
built on your system.

Thanks,

Ed