[netCDF #YRL-141737]: NetCDF-4.0 make check error

Hi Chen,

Thanks for the report on how to reproduce the bug.  Now that we
have a test for it, we will fix it.

We have an experimental release of a new version of ncgen
that supports the netCDF-4 data model.  Its status is
currently "pre-alpha", which means we are just starting serious
testing, and it's sure to have some bugs in it.  Furthermore
we don't support alpha software at the same level as released
software, so we are happy to accept bug reports but may not
make fixes higher priority than finishing features.

Currently ncgen4 generates a C program that, when compiled,
generates the file corresponding to the input CDL.

Given those caveats, you are welcome to try it.  It will be
undergoing enhancements and bug fixes until it's released with
netCDF version 4.1, at the end of this year.

Please let me know if you are willing to be a "friendly user"
of ncgen4, and if so we will tar it up and make it available to
you.

--Russ

Ticket ID: YRL-141737
Department: Support netCDF