[Support #ZGQ-235327]: Installing netCDF problem

> <HTML>
> Hello,<BR>
> <BR>
> I'm trying to install netCDF on an Intel Mac running os x leopard, and I
encounter an error when running configure with the following command line:<BR>
> <BR>
> ./configure --enable-netcdf-4 --with-hdf5=/usr/bin/netcdf/required
--with-zlib=/usr/bin/netcdf<BR>
> <BR>
> I installed both zlib 1.2.3 and HDF5 1.8.1.&nbsp; Also, I have a fortran
compiler aliased to f77 and f90 (called ifort).&nbsp; gcc is also
installed.<BR>
> <BR>
> None the less, this is the output I get:<BR>

Yes, I suspect that is it. You are using (I think) the GNU C compiler, which is
64-bit by default, and the ifort compiler, which is 32 bit by default. You
could try setting CFLAGS to -m32, or you could use intel's C compiler, or you
could include use the intel 64-bit compilers.

But the *best* thing to do would be to read and follow intel's instructions
here:
http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/CS-027812.htm

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Good luck!

Ed

Ticket ID: ZGQ-235327
Department: Support netCDF