[netCDF #NDB-695522]: netcdf 4.0 build problem

> Hi Unidata
>
> The new netcdf 4.0 is great but I want to pass back some make check problems
> I have on my system for suggestions and bug fixes. Take a look at the
> attached log files and see what you think.
>
> What I call em64t:
> $ uname -a
> Linux guppy04.smast.umassd.edu 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5 #1 SMP Tue May 20 09:35:07
> EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>

> What I call ia32:
> $ uname -a
> Linux minke01.smast.umassd.edu 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jun 25 13:49:24
> EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> Let me know what you think....
>
> Thanks
> David

Thanks, we have just recently noticed these errors in tst_flarge. It's not
clear why these problems did not show up in our testing, but I will be checking
that...

Meanwhile, all the problems (we believe) are in the test program, not in the
library. Basically that test program does some bad things.

So you can manually edit the makefile to remove tst_flarge from the list of
targets, or you can rerun the configure script and not enable the large file
tests, and then run "make check" again, or you can just cd into the ncgen,
ncdump, cxx, and examples directories (in that order) and run "make check" by
hand to complete the testing.

We will be releasing a new snapshot with this test fixed sometime this week, I
hope.

Thanks for reporting this!

Ed

Ticket ID: NDB-695522