[netCDF #QZG-762179]: [netcdfgroup] Compiling, NetCDF 3.6.2 with ifort

Hi Ilja,

>     export CPPFLAGS=-DpggFortran

This may be a typo, but CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran is probably what you
intended instead.  But I don't think that's the problem.

> to not spamm much here is config.log  on my google page ...
> [http://iljamal.googlepages.com/fail]
>
> what i am doing wrong or misdoing ?

You config.log file shows a problem that may be caused by something
wrong in the comiler flags:

  icc -mp -w  -DpgiFortran M conftest.c  >&5
  ld: M: No such file: No such file or directory

I'm not sure why the "M" was in that compile line.  Maybe something was
modified by running the commands

>     source /home/ilja/intel/cc/10.1.015/bin/iccvars.sh
>     source /home/ilja/intel/fc/bin/ifortvars.sh

to change the values of CFLAGS or CPPFLAGS environment variables.  To
check this, you could run

      echo $CPPFLAGS
      echo $CFLAGS

and make sure they are still what you set them to.

If that doesn't make clear what the problem is, then for netCDF 3.6.2
you might try the instructions provided by Intel instead for "Building
NetCDF* with the Intel compilers" at:

  http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/CS-027812.htm

Alternatively, there is a newer release 3.6.3 that may work better,
because netCDF 3.6.3 updated the configure system to solve more
portability problems in configure scripts and Makefiles.

Also, feel free to send questions to

  address@hidden

instead of the netcdfgroup mailing list.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QZG-762179
Department: Support netCDF