[netCDF #YSI-369373]: Problems with 2D-Coords with netCDF4

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 08:49:13AM -0600, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:

> The dimension "tl" (second dimension of time) stands for "time-length"
> that is the string length of the time-string. The reason for that all
> is: I want to store time-depended variables in three dimension (time,
> x, y) and the time-variabes stores the time-labels...
> Perhaps the solution is to store the time-labels as a string variable
> now - but then these data are not compatible with the old variant. I
> think it was usual to store strings as arrays of chars in "old"
> netCDF?
>

> Thanks for your help,
> Christian

Howdy Christian,

Hmmm, I think you are correct that this must be classified as a bug in
netCDF-4. It actually never occurred to me that people would want to do this.
;-)

Let me take a look at the code and see if I can't get you a fix reasonably
soon...

Thanks for finding this.

Ed

Ticket ID: YSI-369373